persephonesbees.com persephonesbees.com
Official Persephone's Bees Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

That Bass? (Q 4 Bart)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
manic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: That Bass? (Q 4 Bart) Reply with quote

Hey everyone! Saw the band for the first time last night @ Slims. The friends who dragged me out were fully vindicated, and scored many cool-points....

I was VERY impressed. Loved it! Great original sound. Can't wait for the CD.

So here's my question:
As both a bass player and would-be collector of wierd and wacko guitars and basses, I HAVE to ask ...what WAS that second bass Bart played? (red with two lipstick pups) not Eko, not Teisco, so ...? I'm stumped.

Gotta love those flats though. Smile I'm now inspired to dig out my Guild Starfire which has been neglected recently (60's shortscale, flatwounds, yum).

manic

BTW Sickened to hear about Tom's stolen Strat. I often spend more time than medically necessary in the guitar section of eBay and if I spot it, you'll be first to know.
jon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Answer For you! Reply with quote

Tom came thru with an answer for you, the bass in question is a Silvertone mid 60's slimline - they are on the rare side. By the way Tom's first musical instrument was a Guild Starfire - and if you ever wanted ot get rid of it let him know, he'd be interested in checking it out!

Thanks for the post and the good questions!

Jon
manic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Thanks! But are you sure... Reply with quote

...that Tom didn't think you meant his *guitar*? I thought that it (the one that wasn't the Strat, obviously) was a Silvertone - and that one was definitely SLIM! Smile

That bass looked big and heavy, and though I know the Silvertone brand was used on all kind of instruments from all over the place, I have never seen one like that before (doesn't mean it couldn't be).

And no, Tom can't have my Starfire bass! (I bet he was thinking of the Starfire *guitar*, right?) ....but if Bart ever wants to part with his Squier Vista Series Musicmaster, let me know. (I have it's matching 6-string, a Venus, and I've been looking for one - "Seafoam Green", too!)

With apologies for gear-geekness.
m
Post new topic   Reply to topic    persephonesbees.com Forum Index -> Open Mic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: